Monday, June 13, 2016

Transferred!!!

I'm now no longer in Sagay 1st ward. I'm now in Talisay. Which means I'm finally in Bacolod. My first area in the city it only took 21 months. hahaha. But I'm excited!

The transfer was actually super rough. It was the bright idea of one of my traveling companions to take the cheaper mode of transportation to save money. But it turned a 1 hour and 45 minute ride into a 4 hour ridiculous ride of uncomfortable pain! But it's all good because I'm here now.

I actually have a funny story this week. So this week Elder Mahan and I went to go teach one of our investigators who is really progressing, the former marine who is being baptized on June 25 in Sagay galing. But we forgot that his cousin died so when we stopped by their house we were surprised to see that the casket was at his house and.... it was an open casket. Elder Mahan didn't even want to go inside but we were invited in right away so I walked straight into the house and Mahan had no choice but he was completely freaking out. hahaha. He was kinda mad at me after but it's all good.

I almost forgot my new companion is the Winter Soldier. It's because he broke his arm on the mission and now has a metal bar in there. It's just a joke his real name is Elder Lacasandile. I've met him before. I've met everyone basically.

So how are the Jays doing? I miss you guys!!!! 3 months left. #IMNOTTRUNKY

I love being a missionary,
Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment