Monday, September 7, 2015

365 Days and counting...

I officially have one year to go until I come home. I' have not been out for a year in the mission yet but with the way transfers work I will be leaving the mission field 365 day from now.

The school year is already starting? That was so fast! Time goes by so fast especially on my mission! That's crazy. I have heard about the Blue Jays and the talent they have brought in... David Price, and Troy Tulowitzki! That is crazy amazing! This might be the year. Christmas has already started in the Philippines. We already saw Christmas decorations on city hall.

So we had a baptism this past Saturday. He is the strongest member that I have met on my mission. Stronger than even some long time members. 

I ate oysters, and crabs. I took a video of me eating oysters. It was hard to swallow because of the texture. But it was pretty good. But like the squid I will only eat it if I have no choice.

I love teaching the gospel, especially to our group of investigators in Umapog. They really listen! the only thing that they need to do is come to church and we still need to teach them the rest of the lessons. But I really love them they are awesome!

Being a missionary is a blessing and a privilege, and it is really hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I have made sacrifices on my mission, and I made sacrifices before I left andt it has all been 110% worth it. I would make those same sacrifices in a heart beat! I love everyday I'm here and try to live my best while I'm here!

Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment