Monday, June 22, 2015

Lizards Falling from the Ceiling!!!

Happy Fathers day!!!! I love you dad!! It's too bad we can't skype on fathers day too.

This past week was pretty good. We did a lot of work. There was one day when we were walking we had to cut across this river. Usually it's no problem, there are usually several stepping stones. But since it's been raining everyday for 3 weeks there was little to no stepping stones. We managed to get the video of us crossing this river. Unfortunately neither of us fell in the water. It would have made a funnier story. 

A funny story that happened to my companion Elder Basay was when we were sitting on our beds, just talking before going to bed, a lizard fell from the ceiling and landed next to him. He jump because he is a little afraid of lizards. But the lizard then jumped at him and tried to bite him. He hit it with the pillow and it ran away. It was a pretty good moment.

As I've been on my mission and have been studying preach my gospel and the scriptures I've found the Keys to Missionary Service:
  1. Love for those you teach and the Lord
  2. Faith
  3. Humility
  4. And Work
Everyday I try and apply these in my work. Some days it's easier to do than the others. Or some days it's just hard in general. But When I really honestly try to apply these I feel a stronger spirit and at the end of the day I feel like I accomplished the work for the day. It's a great feeling.

As for the package. Some Reese's peanut butter products would be awesome. Just really some candy and stuff. Anything you think I would like. I'm sure the package will be awesome no matter what is inside.

I Love and miss you guys. I hope the rest of the school year goes by smooth with nothing crazy. 

Elder Rivera 

No comments:

Post a Comment