Monday, October 6, 2014

Watching My Waistline!!!

Hi Mom!

Hopefully your CT scan went well and that nothing has changed in your health!

The leaves are very, very, slowly starting to change, still have a lot of green on the trees! And it is freaking COLD here it cooled of SO fast from when I got here. But I'm having so much fun here at the MTC, with my companions! Especially when we go and play four square because there are a lot of people who are taking it so serious but we do it just to goof off and blow off some steam! All the sisters say they love me because I make the game so much more fun for them in the way I play and the way I act.... Career as a comedian yet!

Ya learned that lesson; I got a really bad stomach ache from eating too much so now I pace myself a lot! But supposedly you lose a lot of weight on Philippino missions? It's what I heard I don't know if it’s true though.

I'm trying to send pictures but all the computers I try won’t allow the program to take place its annoying! But I'll keep trying!

I haven't checked the mail yet but hopefully it's there! and I heard that you got on Facebook and that you are really loving it a lot (sarcasm) 

I miss you a lot mom! Palangga ako mo! (I love you or to be exact Love I you)

Love,

Elder Rivera.... Your favourite son

Dear Dad,

The days here are going by so fast now and it's a little scary, but it also is really fun!

I'll definitely read those scriptures and try and remember them! In my language packet they gave me an Ilongo bible a dictionary, a missionary phrasebook, and Preach my Gospel (third chapter only).

That’s great that Laura applied to BCP it was fun and hopefully she doesn't get crappy teachers, but she also needs to know that she needs to total come out of her shell and her comfort zone in order get the best out of BCP, because that is the entire purpose of BCP is for you to discover who you really are by coming out of that shell, and seeing what is deep on the inside. And it better be her final decision jeez!

That’s funny about mom and her Facebook experiences, I can picture her now!

The needles were not that expensive it was like $80 all together. There are no other needles I need to get before I go to the Philippines which is good because I hate freaking needles!

I've known for so long that when I got my call I knew how crazy it was going to be and how hard the language was going to be. And I went into the MTC Knowing that I was not going to be fluent by the time I left the MTC, and that the Philippines was going to be rough at the start, and I just know that I was called to serve in the Philippines and that I would qualify myself through faith, a lot of Prayer, and hard work, and leave the rest to the lord.

I gave my first blessing at the MTC this week, my companion got sick and ask for a blessing. I was so nervous that my legs were shaking. But when I was giving the blessing my mind went completely blank but my mouth was just saying words. It was freaky! and he is getting a lot better he just has the remnants of a cough and a runny nose. 

I hope you guys are all good and safe; I love you all so much, see you all at Christmas hopefully!

Love,
Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment