Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'm Alive!

My beloved Pamilya,

I made it to the MTC despite the pain of the seats in both of my flights! My butt has never been so numb before! 

The first day was a challenge to say the least, after getting to the MTC I checked in put all my stuff in my room and went to my first class. This class and all the language classes are all in 100% Hilygaynon - no English at all, it definitely left me with a headache but as the days go on I know I can learn the language with diligent work and sincere prayer.

My companion, Elder Ashton, is from south east Washington. I became senior companion last night after we met our branch presidency which is pretty cool! The other 2 missionaries in my room, Elder Prepchuck who is from Edmonton, and Elder Goodmansen who is from Rexburg are both really cool guys and are going to be great missionaries.

I don't know if I'm going to join the MTC choir? I have alot of work to do already, but if my companion is doing it I really won't have much of a choice. 

I don't know what everyone is saying about the food here? It's fricken AWESOME! so many yummy things to eat and as much as I can eat. I can honestly feel the weight I'm getting after every meal!

I haven't taken very many pictures yet but I'll make sure to send pictures next week!

Mom, Happy Early Birthday! in case I dont get a chance to skype you for your birthday. I love you so much mom, and when you started to cry at the airport, I really felt sad, because dad cries to much :P 

Dad, I miss you and thank you for all the many wonderful blessings you blessed me with in my life. 

Please send me snacks and stuff to munch on! The Caff has only food that you can eat in the caff and late at night or in between classes you just want something to munch on, I would be so parasasalamat (thankful... I think)

Please send me the address of Ottawa Grandma so that I can write her.

The MTC is an entirely new way of life, it is difficult at times, challenging, fun, and spiritual. it honestly is a very humbling experience. It's sole purpose is to make a good missionary through many challenging and humbling and exciting ways and tactics.

I love you all so much, I miss you all so much, and I can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Love your missionario,
Elder Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment